Day 2 ultrasound = YUCK

I really don’t have that much to report. I have been doing lots of non-TTC things. I had a three day weekend and spent most of it with my dog since TW was away for five days and PT is with her mom. I went down to my friend’s farm, she boards dogs, and it was better than any dog park! Sutter got to run and play for four hours with 15 dogs. And I got to sit with my friend and enjoy the scenery, drink wine and eat chocolate…doesn’t get any better than that! I also took the dog to his agility class, and he KICKED ASS. Everyone was asking me how much I work with him between classes because he has improved SO much and he is fearless (the answer — that would be about five minutes!)

I fed lots of people. On Friday night I was talking to my friend P and she casually said, ‘What are you doing tonight’. I said, ‘Nothing’ and before I knew it I said, ‘Wanna come over, I will cook you dinner’. Then (after I hung up) I said DOH, because I had a hell of a week and I was SUPER tired. But I ended up making a pan roasted halibut with french olives, tomato, lemon, garlic, capers and olive oil; onion rice pilaf and asparagus. For dessert we had fresh strawberries with two kinds of ice cream (haagen dasz dolce de leche and macadamia nut brittle), warm chocolate sauce and whipped cream…mmmm…drooling on my keyboard. On Sunday night my friend A gave me a massage. She is in massage school and needed the hours…she didn’t have to ask me twice! I brought dinner: home made potato/leek soup with parmesan cheese and green onions; mixed baby greens with chicken, candied pecans, blue cheese and apples (home made dressing), and chocolate cake (also home made). And on Monday I went to the farm and brought my friend lunch: sesame/peanut noodles with jullienne red bell pepper and Asian slaw with chicken and peanuts. I said it before and I said it again — no wonder I need to lose 15 pounds!

All this time I have been waiting for AF to show up. I stopped the BCP on 2/14 and thought it would arrive two days later. Today I e-mailed the clinic to see if there was a problem if I don’t get my period, and they said not to worry about it. I was worried though because I have my baseline u/s tomorrow morning and didn’t want to be on day 1 for that. Well, of course AF showed up at about 3pm today, which means I will be on day 2 tomorrow. For the dildo cam. YUCK. I swear, REs should have a segment on the show “Dirty Jobs” with Mike Rowe (I love him, by the way).

That is all to report. If everything looks good tomorrow, I start stimming on Friday. FIVE shots a day! Lupron in the a.m. and p.m., Follistim in the a.m. and p.m., and Menopur in the p.m. Woo Hoo! I think I am going to need a bigger sharps container.


2 Responses to “Day 2 ultrasound = YUCK”

  1. Ashley Bass Says:

    Oh…wow…can I come live with you? You can cook for me anytime!

  2. Amanda Says:

    I’m with you on the yuk. Their job should be on Dirty Jobs!!!

    OK…so when can I come over for dinner? Yummy!!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: